Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Just a thought...

A quick thought from small group tonight...

We were in the text at 2 Corinthians 5:14-21. It is a wonderful passage to read. The guy that was leading the group asked us to think of a time that you were in conflict with someone and had a falling out with them. Just about every single person in the room had an experience. It was really good to see that I was not the only one with this experience.

One thing that we talked about is the word 'reconciled'. I never really thought about it before. I just would read it here in the Bible and not really thought about what the author was saying what we should actually do. The word 'reconciled' means to amend, not to be strangers, no longer enemies, etc. In verses 18-20:

" All this is from God, who reconciled us to himself through Christ and gave us the ministry of reconciliation: that God was reconciling the world to himself in Christ, not counting men's sins against them. And he has committed to us the message of reconciliation. We are therefore Christ's ambassadors, as though God were making his appeal through us. We implore you on Christ's behalf: Be reconciled to God."

As I think about this, I realize that we are not to leave things just in the open with God. We are to reconcile with God. God brings us back (reconciles us) by blotting out our sins and making us righteous. We are no longer God's enemies, or strangers to him, when we trust in Christ. Because we have been reconciled to God, we have the privilege to encourage others to do the same. It just makes me think how I need to make sure that I reconcile all of my relationships with everyone, just as Christ has done with me.

Love you all lots!!

~Ashley :)

1 comment:

Kris n Brit said...

I totally agree with you, Ashley. You and I both know how important it is to reconcile, and how great we feel afterwards. I have always wondered how "non-Christians" can live with themselves, knowing that they are out right defying God in some of the things that they do. Maybe God just gave me an extra big conscience, but I can't help but feel bad and guilty when I sin, and feel the need to ask for forgiveness. ~Brit